Sunday, October 9, 2011

Crossroads

I'm not certain how many other writers, who have put up their backlist or other returned stories on Kindle, are comparing the royalties they're getting from publishers and that which are coming directly to them from Kindle. I know I am and the difference is astonishing. I'm getting practically nothing from several established publishers and selling an average of 15 stories a day the self-pubbed route. It makes you wonder why you should bother with the publishers at all. With that in mind, I'm going to have to make a decision what to do with my novels that are ready to go. Realistically, I need an eye-catching cover and an edited story. That I get when I sign with a publisher. However, I can hire an editor and a graphic artist. Lately, I've done some of my own covers. Even so, I might have to lay out some money, but will it be worth it? From the results I'm getting, I really think so.

0 comments:

 
Candy Caine's Corner © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina