Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bring on the Ginsu Knives

Yesterday, I had the time of my life playing with an ancient sword from Germany. Ancient, being a relative term here. My kids used to think my parents were ancient. I hate to think what they consider me now, but I'm getting off track, here. My writing group was invited to Trisha Kiefer's home for a first-rate presentation of weaponry through the ages. Her husband, Pat, is a techno wiz when it comes to building various nifty things like catapults, trebuchets and guillotines and practically an encyclopedia of knowledge. With the use of small homemade replicas, we were instructed in the art of warfare. It was a very hands-on type of day and we each took turns using the German sword to disembowel fierce plastic water jugs. The sword was a beautiful handcrafted weapon which turned out to be light and very wieldable. Some of us could think of several important uses for the sword, none of which concerning melons or pumpkins.

0 comments:

 
Candy Caine's Corner © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina